Thursday, March 4, 2010

hello doily!

My sister has introduced me to doilies.  I was never a fan of this funny little piece of fabric.  But I've grown to appreciate them in the same way we appreciated a hand-stitched, repaired hole on a great old piece of linen, a nightie, a sheet.  I saw the beauty in that immediately.  My sister introduced me to that concept, as well.

When I found these little doilies at SCRAP the other day, I snatched 'em right up and instantly saw the word 'believe' or 'you can' hand-stitched in the fabric a' la Joetta Maue, whos work blows my mind.

Whenever my sister or mom go digging, they always seem to find all these juicy things that I love.  At any junk sale, they're "appreciators" for me bringing home another great set of old drinking glasses or a juicy book of photos.

So I sent the doilies to my sister, the original lover & collecter of these funny little furniture protectors.  For now, I'm just the hunter, gatherer on this one.
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good eye, Mol!!! Mom

Ellen Zachos said...

Now it works!

Cathy said...

Wild...
For the past year or so I have been gathering random doilies and bits of crocheting, at estate and yard sales. Have no idea what I am going to do with them but I can't bare to pass them up and the idea that someones hard work will be tossed in the trash is too much for me.
Beauty is Beauty.
xo,
Cathy