Saturday, April 21, 2007

Get your Creative On


Creativity Exploredpresents SHADOWSHINE "an exhibition where studio artists get face to face with themselves and create self portraits and other explorations of self."

I love creativity explored. It was one of the first places I went to visit when I moved to san francisco. If you've never been, you need to go. You can check out the gallery and sometimes they even let you into the artists studio. I've been and met many of the artists who wanted to talk about art and politics and show me their latest creation. Creativity Explored is a "non-profit visual arts center where artists with developmental disabilities create, exhibit and sell art."


Opening nights are insane, people are lined up out the door, and I've even had a friend almost come to blows over trying to buy a piece of art. I've saved almost every p.card from their shows because I'm always in love with the piece that is highlighted (and that piece seems to always be sold when I get there!). The piece shown here is a self portrait by Yolanda Ramirez. It instantly reminded me of my sisters and the 70's and the piece around her neck, I think my sister Kaari owned.

No comments: