Wednesday, June 9, 2010

NSS: 'round the bend...

I met some really cool peeps at the NSS this year--

Christopher was one of these people, a newbie even, with his company WildPulp.  This was his introduction to the world of the NY Gift Show, and the weirdness that is the Javitz Center.  He blew the people away with his cool card designs using nature at its best.

He actually builds these nests... I'm a bit of a nest addict (if you can be one w/out actually owning any), so these were right up my alley.

Another great meet were the girls from Two Trick Pony.  Not only were they nice, funny, and I love, love, love their work, but they did a sweet round up of their show neighbors and included some cool photos from the booth of moi! 

We traded pencils and postcards and had a good giggle at the schleping of the show world and the funny stuff it brings.

And then I met my possible parallel universe friend:  Blue Barnhouse.  He just doesn't know it yet.  Carina (--also big news and very exciting! Carina is my new rep from Crow & Canary!--) took me over to the Blue Barnhouse booth and I immediately jumped into the card bins and started digging.  I love their designs.  They're hysterical, totally great for any occasion, and wildly out there.
But it was his attitude, his cool demeanor, and this particular blog post that really made me think we should have side by side booths next year at the show.

1 comment:

Bonbon Oiseau said...

sounds so great and am so glad you found your kindreds...i farking love that last card.
now i really want to write some cards. i mean to you of course...