Monday, March 9, 2009

Bestowed

i have a hard time doing habitual things that are "good for you".
when i was young, it was straight up: brushing my teeth. I loathed it.
now it's things like exercise, flossing, eating veggies instead of doritos, drinking lots of water, getting to bed early.
so, i was surprised when i recently saw my dentist and he told me he wanted to give me a crown!
really?!
i envisioned wearing it: THIS thing, i would be habitual about! this, i would wear every day and strut around proudly and maybe it would even inspire me to do the other "good for you" habits i should be doing.
yes, i told him, this was the right thing to honor me with, this would be good for me.
then, i realized, he meant the other kind of crown.


that's okay though: i'm going for solid gold, like dr. teeth and my friends and family can call me "Queen".

oh, yeah, this is gonna work out juuuuust fine.

5 comments:

billy girl said...

But Mol, you're already so regal! Hot damn, though, you would look so smokin' with a golden grill, screw one tooth! And, um, does this mean that the tooth fairy will pay, literally pay, you a visit? Or is the crown gift enough? xosar

Anonymous said...

I am SO laughing!!!!!!!!!
With compassion, I've 5 in the tooth, only one for the head! If only I could have it the other way around! Phiffel! And blessings, you are a Queen to me!
Ox, Hol

Domino Bianchi said...

Just go for all your teeth in gold. And you can get them engraved too.

Karafina said...

hahahaha......

i kinda want a gold crown for my tooth! thats pretty gangster!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

jajajajajajajajajjaa (that's hahahahahaha in espaƱol)...you're gonna look hot with a crown...really.