Friday, February 22, 2008

Yellow Friday


I'm feeling better today (thank goodness! i just don't have the patience to be a patient!), and with an sunny health-outlook, comes a sunny day and lots of yellow all around. I'm not one to usually promote the color yellow, but realized it's all around me lately. I recently purchased not one, but TWO, yellow blouses (a color I've never in my life worn). Also, for xmas, I received a yellow-train version of myself from my brother John (we all cracked up at the description of Molly, the train, because it fits me to a T!) that now hangs in my studio.
Then, while down in San Carlos for my teaching gig,
I had to capture those incredible fuzzy yellow trees that come out this time of year.

All of that, reminded me of one of my favorite songs by Coldplay, an oldie but a goodie, "Yellow".

And, tonight's infamous Monster Drawing Rally--which, if you look closely, you will see as it's reigning color of choice in: postcard, artist list and theme color is Yellow! If you're in SF, this is a don't miss kinda night. Check out the link for details...

4 comments:

ashley said...

Yello! yes, those yellow trees are so pretty, do you know what they are called? your photo of them is beautiful! i have one outside of my window and look at it everyday. now when i look at it i will think sunny thoughts :)

Ellen Zachos said...

I've always loved yellow! I can't believe your trees look like that already. We're still under snow and ice back east. How does THAT make you feel about NYC?

Emmy Kastner said...

I just bought a yellow hoodie. I've never been a yellow proponent, but I wear it every day almost. just thought you should know I share your new found fondness of the sunny shade.

Anonymous said...

Those are acacia trees, I believe. One grew right next to my trailer in Woodside...