Sunday, February 17, 2008

ain't nothing wrong with hope

I was sure I'd vote for Hillary Clinton. I would love to see a woman in office in my lifetime.
But my vote was truly swayed by two things I heard on NPR the other day:

1. Hillary voted for the war from the beginning. Obama was against it from the very first moment. And so was I.
2. It doesn't bode well for our standard, or our claim, of "democracy" to have the same two families in the White House for over 20 years.

And, while I don't think voting should be about emotion and who you just "like" better, but about great ideas and real solutions to the world's problems...this gorgeous song by will.i.am., with an equally pretty video, which I found on Emily's blog, did move me emotionally to want to hear/read that much more about Obama's ideas and solutions to our modern day problems.

It also just filled me with plain old hope that this man can change the world.

But, of course, we shall see....

1 comment:

Emmy Kastner said...

we've got to keep thinking that one man can change the world! else, all is lost.

send me that fridge pic to: kastner.emily@gmail.com

THANKS!!!!