Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Where's the happy ending

I wrote the below post in 2015.  

Weirdly, not much has changed, not much at all.  
But writing and editing and writing some more does still help, so I've told myself I need to keep it up.
Write as if no one is reading (Annnnd, i'm pretty sure no one is...)
-----------

 The world is filled with such utter sadness every day, I find it difficult to write about just anything.

I feel, in most cases, over the years of writing for this blog, I have strived to say something meaningful, taking time to edit my words and thoughts and often came out with an upside, a sun shiny way of wrapping the tale up.

These days, I find it hard to complete that sunny wrap-up and I struggle with wanting to put more words into the world that don't have a silver lining at the end of the sentence.  It started with writing about my two of my best friends' sudden and shocking deaths, one year apart.  It was hard to write about, impossible to ignore, and really, for over two years has been on the forefront of my mind.

Now, I wonder, do I take on the world's sadness, too?  Here?  Outside of just my mind.  But, I think it'll help wrangle it a bit, make some sort of weird sense (such a thing?), if I can edit and write and edit and write and strive for an ending...a beginning?

I'll find the good in the bad, or the beauty in the pain or I'll rant and I'll rave and get it out that way:  The power of free speech is palpable here.

It's the worlds' ills that can plague one if you're not a wee bit cautious, so it's the deaths of Suzanne and Shauna that is a constant for me, to help me appreciate life, the things I am so lucky to be a part of, the things that make me see it all so differently now.  And I mean that in the very best way, girls (we have a lot of conversations).


No comments: