Wednesday, March 10, 2010

fashion in her fingertip

If I got to be 13 all over again, this is who I would be.


Or, maybe this is who I actually was inside...but I didn't have the blog to prove it. 




Or, maybe I just wish I was this confident and cool...



















can i help it if i laugh at her posts like i'm reading my own thoughts? minus all the true-fashion-awareness and the friends in high places, but with the same kind of weird-for-your-age-ideas and classic teenage speak.  When I was 13, I wore collar shirts buttoned-up to the top button, wore my hair very short and had crushes on Anthony Perkins, Jack Nicholson and Jimmy Stewart.  I watched re-uns of M*A*S*H and The Monkeys and wrote to my favorite authors in my free time....


  She's 13!  She's going to runway shows!  She's writing a blog!  She's creating a fashion movement!


Yeah, okay, so I was roller skating in the driveway wearing my dolphin shorts and a hand-me-down love is... sweatshirt, waiting for Allen Funt to show up and discover me.

I wasn't exactly Tavi.

But a grown-woman (who still feels about 13) can dream, can't she?


  all photos tavi & blog

5 comments:

Bluebird Shop said...

Good God! She's amazing. Love her. Especially this:
"And because I am basically Jim Henson in 13 year old girl form without the puppets but DEFINITELY WITH THE SAME OPTIMISM"
She's a genius. Thanks for sharing.

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

I am diggin' your Love is...t-shirt! And the MASH reruns and this amazing 13 year old. But what will she do when she is twenty?

Bonbon Oiseau said...

don;t make me love you more than i already do mol...alan funt...you're killing me...

Anonymous said...

I thought you looked sweet in your round collars! But what about the "tail" at the back of your head? I thought that was pretty edgy. Mom

Karafina said...

isnt she a great!!! i swear i thought i was cool when i was 13.........