Saturday, August 9, 2008

Playing with dolls


I'm an Obama supporter. I'm saying it loud, saying it proud. I believe in the man the way people believed in JFK, with emotion and excitement and an almost girly scream at the back of my throat with the idea of meeting him in person: A man who can change the way things are done, a man who will listen (as closely as is possible when you're running the free world) to us little folk. And then, with no comparison to JFK, I believe he's a man who respects women--as evidenced by his clearly happy marriage to a strong woman. I believe he's a forward-thinker and he doesn't look back. I believe he'll surround himself with young, intellegent, forward-thinking men and women who will guide him to another four years (yes, I am assuming he's got the first four in the bag).

Now, in saying all this, I haven't started wearing an Obama t-shirt or pins or put a bumper sticker on my bike...but I am thinking of getting a stack of these...this is something they surely would have had in JFK's day, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. Obama '08!!

P said...

Oh my. I think I need those. I think I need to buy them for everyone I know. Because Obama family paper dolls are just too rad not to share.

thetiniestspark said...

oh YEAH. i am right with you on those, my friend! obama love 4evaaaa.

Jody Rice said...

Tom Tierney paper dolls! Love 'em! I've already got the Clintons, the Fords, the Carters, the Kennedys....never picked up the Bush family for some reason. Oh, prolly cause I would have ripped their heads off.

Nicole Morell said...

He's got my vote!

Why don't Canadian politicians inspire awesome graphic designerness?