Monday, August 18, 2008

Games People Play

Other than playing Pong at Denise Bedrosian's house and Ms. Pac-Man at The Red Onion while growing up, I was never much of a video game player. Maybe it's my lack of hand-eye coordination? Maybe it's my competitive nature that sucks all the fun out of it? (I truly hate to lose) Maybe it's my lack of math skills, needed to play the odds. I never gave it much thought, until I married a man who loves himself some video games. Not only can RK stayed entertained by trying to get a little rectangle to fit next to another rectangle to make a block of rectangles....but he's really, really good at it, too. Me, when I even see it on a screen, I go blank. My eyes glaze over and I wonder who is singing that song that's stuck in my head, or I bury my head in a book. I understand it's a skill--it's just one of those, as I mentioned, that I don't possess and makes me feel slightly inferior.

So, when I came across this video (via this blog), I laughed out loud (probably from sheer relief that I recognized what the heck it was about!) and immediately thought of RK. With a shout out to video game players everywhere, I give you the Game Over project:


and, yes, they've done Pong for those of us who's "gamin' skills" stopped there.

6 comments:

montague said...

this is absolutely wonderful!!! laughed out loud!

Elizabeth said...

This is fantastic! I love it. The best part is the vocals of the theme music. I remember that so well. Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

Ashkon said...

Amazing! Except for the mistake that happens 1 minute and 9 seconds into the movie. It was a lot of fun to watch though!

Christina said...

that was awesome.

Elizabeth said...

Molly, I was just checking out some of your links and I have to thank you for leading me to Dear Bunny. I am hooked. It is the best!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

ha! loooooove this molly...