Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Define A Year

It was my birthday on Sunday.
It made me realize I'd been writing this blog for over a year. I vaguely remembered writing about the positive aspect of getting older last year when it was my birthday. While I'm not sure I truly felt as good about getting older then as I do now, I'm glad I at least projected the positive attitude...for my own sake, really.
This year, this year is gonna be different. Not in a good or bad way, just different. It has to be. It's a new year. I've never really been one for New Years Eve or Day. It seems my job, teaching, or my age, whatever that may be, has defined what a "year" means to me. So, it's not January to December, it's September to June or April to April. It's constructed in my head that way, like a calender. In fact, I even buy a calender that is August to August...it just seems to make more sense. Besides, I find years ending and beginning in the dead of winter downright depressing.

Unlike my birth-week this year. Now, this was amazing! Dinners and parties and gifts galore all week long! It was over the top, but who could blame us? T and I had a double aries celebration and so many fabulous friends came and we partied like it was 1999 (Boy, was THAT a year!). Made it a real late one, turned the kitchen into a dance floor and stuck to a strict diet of champagne and cupcakes.
The weekend before that, I got to head to LA and do it all with my family, as well. My mom made my favorite dishes for dinner and a huge home-made lemon cake with squiggly candles on it.I got phonecalls and cards and flowers. It seemed to go on and on....like a good year should.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Happy New Year! And what a celebration it was!! My goodness. Here's to an entirely different year than the last one! xo tt