Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In walked love...


A number of years ago, on a gorgeous, snowy winter night in February, one month after we'd met, and right after we had slid home on our shoes down an empty, icy 7th avenue, RK and I first said, "I love you." Right then and there, I wanted to run to the roof and yell out to all of New York City, to all of the world: I LOVE THIS MAN SO MUCH!!!

Three years ago, today, still feeling exactly the same way, we found a way to tell our friends and family (and some runners and some people riding segues, and some walking their dogs) in a very public park, at our wedding.

And today, all these years later, I have the opportunity to shout it out again to the blogosphere:
I LOVE THIS MAN SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

I love the way he holds my hand. I love the way he pulls me closer to him when we're walking down a sidewalk and some wacky person is heading right for me and I'm not paying attention. I love that he introduces me to new music every week. I love that he lets me warm my freezing cold feet on his warm legs. I love the way he laughs to tears when I'm trying to tell him about a song or a movie that I can't remember. I love that he listens to me talk and talk and talk. I love the way he takes care of our plants. I love that he writes poetry and sometimes reads it to me. I love that he can play instrument after instrument. I love that he wants to know what I'm wearing when we go out for a big dinner or to a wedding, so he can wear a complimentary outfit. I love that he looks out for my health. I love his eyebrows. I love his nose. I love that we have the same crooked teeth. I love the way he smells. I love his lips. I love the way he continues to try to explain computer technology to me, even when he sees my eyes glaze over. I love his unending patience for my tardiness to every event we attend. I love when he talks to his brother on the phone they usually end up in hysterical laughter and talking in a brotherly language only they understand. I love the way he gets along with my family. I love how he puts his hand on the small of my back and dances with me even though I have two left feet. I love how we are both in (happy) awe over how much we constantly enjoy each others company.

Whether it's January 10th or October 1st, I love you RK.

10 comments:

montague said...

such sweetness.
glad you are so happy!

emma ::emmas designblogg:: said...

That was so sweet! It made me smile through the whole text.

And it reminded me of when me and my boyfriend said I love you for the first time, just a month ago...
We were in bed talking, in the middle of the night, and I buried my face in his hair and mumbled something like: Yes, but I think I love you anyway... as a reply to something I can't remember now. His reply to that was: Say that again please! So I did. And then he stood up in bed and yelled at the top of his lungs: "I'm in loooove!" so that probably all of my neighbours woke up. Do I need to tell you I didn't ask him to quiet down? :-)

Modern Craft said...

happy anniversary you guys! what a great post.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how happy that makes your mother???

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Love, Mom

billy girl said...

I Love Love, but mostly the kind I get to witness in real life, not just cinema or poetry. The two of you, wow, I only dream of giving and receiving the kind of love you so eloquently spoke of Mol. My love also, to you both . . . xo, sar

comfies said...

mol, this is such a beautiful bunch of words. happy belated anniversary.

Ellen Zachos said...

May it last forever...I bet it will. Looking forward to celebrating together.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

wow. i think i love him too...
(you're the sweetest--happy happy happy anniversary

Christina said...

love this. happy belated molly. so happy i'm lucky enough to witness your awesome love. xo

ashley said...

you're too cute molly! happy lovin :)