Monday, October 20, 2008

and may it never end

Of course, one of the best things about going back for my reunion, was actually going home. Most of my brothers and sisters came down to mom & dad's house to hang, eat, drink and tell/hear stories. And as we gathered 'round the computer the next day (wake up, immediately download all photos from reunion night before, get coffee, commence with stories), I felt myself melt into that familiar, wonderful warmth of home.
My family always makes me feel like not a day has passed except for the memories.
When I saw this comic, it made me think of one of our old favorite jokes (a quickie kind, involving a chicken), teaching it to the nieces when they were little, while some sarcastically screamed, 'oh, don't teach them that!', while laughing hysterically....
Oh, family, how I adore you!

No comments: