Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Latest from the studio

Here's something I've been working on for a show submission, "Childish Things". Each piece is about 18"x 13" called "Learning Curve". Still to be framed...
I'm really into this old school paper and carbon. I've ended up expanding to the line of cards like this, as well. I just love how they're turning out. Very different than most of the stuff I've done in the past, yet I feel like the vibe is similar: is it sweet? is it sinister? who knows? I love that tightrope...






2 comments:

mari stolan said...

this is adorable. ur illustrations r great. i love how the type looks hand drawn:) r u adding colour? would be nice to see them all put together, ormaybe as a little cute book? mari/london

molly said...

Why, thank you!
funny...the "type" IS hand written. The letters are a messy form of stencils. And the illustrations are sortof outlined from old children's books and old yearbooks.