Wednesday, April 1, 2009

nostalgia






Every one of these images makes me thrill. Sure, they're old school, but that's the beauty of NYC: while so much changes, so much stays the same. I used to ride into Grand Central Station every day when I lived in Nyack. I once went into one of those secret side rooms where the secret detectives are, to report a theft on the train, and had a wild ride that made me feel like I was in an old timey movie!

And I used to work right near the Flatiron building, which never ceased to amaze me, as I did my daily walk to the local deli for a huge slice of baklava.

Every one of these street names holds some memory.

RK and I are planning an apartment swap this summer with some friends in Park Slope and I'm just counting down the days...here we come new york, here we come....

And I'm seriously looking forward to utilizing my highly missed subway.

2 comments:

Modern Craft said...

MM: I agree with you! I took a job one time simply because the office was in the Flatiron Building-- I loved it, 10th floor. I envy your getting to move back there even temporarily.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

seriously? HOORAY!!!