Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Future is Ours

The irony was palpable, but I think all of us sitting there were too happy to notice.

We went to see WALL*E the other night at the new Kabuki Theatre. Really fantastic set-up: There is now an upstairs bar/restaurant that is attached to one main theatre. The seats are like individual couches and next to each one is a tray table with a drink holder, wide enough to hold a freshly poured, cold glass of Chimay. I'm not sure, but I think we visited heaven for a minute that night. We kicked back in our lounging, stuffed chairs, pannini and beer by our sides, while we laughed and cried at a little robot and his indestructible cockroach sidekick. That Robert Redford sure knows how to bring the first class atmosphere to town.

3 comments:

Bonbon Oiseau said...

i loved that movie..i need to come back to sf..that town is spoiling people with an awesome theater like that.

gojiearthbird said...

Ohh, Ya a bit of Chimay and some pannini, I would lov it...

Anonymous said...

Love the new Kabuki! It reminds me of the Arclight in LA, and best of all, it's in my 'hood. On New Year's Day, we saw "Juno" here, which made me tear up...if I ever have a daughter, I want her to be as sarcastic, smart, and sassy.