Friday, September 4, 2009

8mm IDEAS, small works of wonder

I'm really so excited to get 8mmideas running into the new year, with all new styles and all new sentiments. I so rarely show-off what I'm doing because I've always sort of believed, if someone's into it, they'll find it. But, having just spent the day telling my friend, M., that the only way she's going to succeed is if she puts it out there all the time...well, I guess my hypocrisy got the best of me. I rarely ever put it out there. I have a really difficult time telling new people I meet about my card bizness. I don't even have business cards! I've still, after five years of making artwork and having multiple solo shows, never called myself an 'artist'. I'm totally comfortable with the fact that I like what I make, feel it's totally unique, I create cards that could fit any occasion, I create artwork that's like no other, yet, I'm totally uncomfortable with actually telling anyone about it. M. & I just spent the day discussing so many people we know who are so totally confident with what they do: and they succeed at it. So, while this may not happen again for awhile, I thought I'd give a taste... just see what happens when you put it out there...

I'm forever telling friends that I miss them. I figured this said it once and for all



Who doesn't need a pick-me-up? Or, for someone that's always your cheerleader, you can cheer them right back!



inspired by my friend, D., who loves herself some animals

7 comments:

Ducky Loves Minnie said...

Totally cool cards.

lotta said...

I have seen glimpses of your cards before. I adore them. You should put them out there more often!

montague said...

awesome! you should show it off way more ;)

comfies said...

i miss you mol. big hugs.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

your work always makes me smile--so happy you decided to show and tell a little. more please...always more please.

Molly de Vries said...

I so relate girl, Thank you for talking about this. I love your cards and your writing. I think about you a lot. Lots of love to you...

paige said...

Oh man, I get all weepy when I read your artwork.

I just got finished taking a tour of your website again and I am still wiping the tears away... the happy full of life tears.

And then I clicked on your flickr link and saw my card... the one hanging on my wall, the one that made me cry on my wedding day after I walked into the art gallery to take a break from the overwhelming love... and I feel oh so crazy lucky to have it on my wall.

You have a gift Miss Molly. And you are most certainly an artist whether you choose to share your title or not. What's in a name?