Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I screened you


I used to call my friends a lot more.

Remember the days when you had only the option of calling someone?
There was no email.
There was no texting.
Or Im-ing.

You really had to pick up the phone and call someone.
Hear their voice.
Or, eventually, their voice mail, at least.

I remember being stalked by phone. Twice, really.
Ahhhhh, the good ole days.
When people actually dared call you.
Now, I think stalking only happens by text or email.
If it happens at all!
Sad.
My second stalking incident actually moved me up to the world of caller id (something i swore i'd never get!)

You no longer have to have the courage or the energy to call people.
Now you can just email them. Or text them.

I miss dialing.

4 comments:

montague said...

me too. i remember listening for the home phone to ring, waiting for a friend to call.
always made me happy.
i also miss real mail. letters and envelopes and precious hand writings.

Kaari Marie said...

um...story pleeeeeassssse!!!

comfies said...

are you as busy as i am right now? i miss you, mol. and don't see enough of you. happy thanksgiving. even if it's just on-screen. xo.

Elizabeth said...

I hear you Molly! And Facebook has taken it to a whole new level. What has happened to proper phone calls and to real, handwritten, snail-mail letters? Ah well...