Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sister, Sister

Sister Corita may have just been the biggest jolt of inspiration that I needed in a potential personal malaise this summer.






A beautiful story, a beautiful woman, a beautiful result.
I felt honored to be standing in front of her pieces recently.  She's been gone for 20 years and her work blows away anything I've seen lately.


Her politics and her passions, often one in the same, came through every plate she ever scratched onto paper.  The bold messages, along with the incredible, home-grown, technical talent was a sight to behold.


It's been a couple months now since I've stood in the presence of these pieces.  And, at the very least,  I hope I can hold on to the tender hope it instilled in me then, giving me the ability to move forward with inspiration.  Entering another season of all new card samples, all new art work for a show in the fall, and the dream of succeeding beyond my own expectations.



And an excerpt of a fantastic documentary* that was screening during the show,



*thanks cathy

No comments: