Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Everyone Should Have A Mogull


I looooove coffee.
I can live without it.  I can get through a day without it.  I don't need it.
But, I loooooooooooooove coffee.
I love it strong, dark, heavy like oil, with lots of cream, no sugar, and steaming hot.

From the first touch down in France some 14-or-so-odd-days ago (i don't even know what day it is today!), there's not been a good cup of cafe in my hands.  Ouch.
But, for lack of a good cup, there (at least) has been a cup.
About five days into the trip, our dear, dear friend Cathy Mogull actually started bringing a cup up to my room to help on my early rising {our days our packed with activities, a tight schedule, and very early mornings}.  It's been a dream come true.
And it didn't stop there.

A week into our chateau stay, Cathy decided we really needed to get our act together and fill our veins with some serious dark grounds.  This morning, after filling the french press to it's limit, she brought to my bedside a steaming-hot, creamy cup of the most delicious coffee I've ever had.
By god, she's got it.

3 comments:

McGillicutty said...

Mmmmmm I know exactly what you mean when a good cup o' joe finds you it's a moment to behold!!!!
been loving your trip btw!! :)

Unknown said...

How sweet! I miss you guys and hope you are having a fabulous second week.
Hugs to you and Mogull! What a special friendship you have! The trip was awesome!
xoxo,
Juls

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hello Molly Chrissie here (Terri's mama from the Chateau) really sorry that I never got a chance to pop up and say hi to you all.Talking of coffee my DH has just bought a Krups machine and we have been trying out all the different strengths and the Dolce Gusto Intense is just fabulous.
Hugs from France and perhaps I will catch you next year.