Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Fox, The Faun & Stella

Stella doesn't exactly love a bath, but she puts up with it.  At least until she thinks we're looking the other way.  She's a ninja.  She's slipped out from under RK's arms, while I was off getting a towel.  But with both of us there, helping get her little body all clean again (so truly necessary after she takes a good roll in something out there), she sometimes even seems to ease into it.  But only for a quick second.  I think I caught that moment this bathtime.  Photo number 4 shows her little tongue sticking out:  She was licking the water off the edge of the tub in this really serene, slow, calm way.  It was like her binky.

Of course, I have no idea how Stella really feels.  About any of it.
Projection seems to be a large part of this relationship.









********



I found this little image in an 1940's LIFE magazine that a friend gave me years ago.  Since everything is a possible 1"- button these days, I was flipping through the pages and was taken aback at how much this looked like Stella.  She's been seen in both these poses on a pretty daily basis.  Plus, her ears do the same thing.  And I've never understood how  it can be comfortable for her little legs to be bent underneath her like that?


3 comments:

Maggie May said...

aw she's SO cute!

Anonymous said...

...we put a little tbsp of peanut butter on each side of the bath.

works like a charm.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

STELLA!!!!! little fawny mcfawnerton!!!