Monday, August 16, 2010

In a mere two weeks, I'm going to be showing 16 pieces of work as part of this show.

I'm thrilled to be in the company of such fabulous artists and am so excited about the work I'll be showing.  I was thinking of becoming part of this neat flickr pool to keep up with the blow by blow.  But, in between writing about all the France travels, sending out 8mm ideas orders, and finishing the work itself,  I think it'll take enough for me to even put up photos here as it all comes along.

The series is called C'etait le bon temps, which translates to 'it was the right time' or 'it was a good time'.  It's about the 4 stages of life and the personal belongings that make up a life.  My (pretend) art manager & good friend,  Matt Frederick, just built the gorgeous boxes for me to work in, out of my favorite old molding and I brought back a ton of good flea finds from La France to work with.  I'm kind of obsessed with this idea of fitting an entire moment in a small box.  And while I can be simplistic in some of them, mostly I like to layer in the detail as the project grows.

Ah, life is good:  Full-time studio work in my immediate future and a gallery show to look forward to!

3 comments:

Christine--RHP said...

weeeeeeee! congratulations!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with; enjoy...

Kathryn said...

I am so inspired by you! You've captured my heart....in a box