Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A bit of the OOmpa will pick you up!


After a big arrival night of toasts to adventure and tears at finally arriving, everyone made their best attempt and getting some sleep to enjoy the first early morning, the next day.  We get up early and head to Saint Antonin for the gorgeous food market, always such a treat!

 food, food, food, everywhere you look...




And the oompa-pah-pah band to lift your spirits and keep you going, right there at the local bar...

Then we zipped over on a low road to Caylus for their brocante.  It was small but good and I think everyone bought a little something.  I got a little linen child's dress that I'm going to embroider onto and make into a piece for an upcoming show.  And then I stopped there!  I'm trying to be good and hold out until I find some things I absolutely cannot live without.

We drove just down the road and walked down a dirt path to find a picnic all set up for us, laid out on the grass.  It was dreamy.
 The food has been so spectacular it's tough to imagine going home to my own cooking again. 

You'd think our day would end there, we'd fall into bed and be done with it!  But, no, we keep on going... on to the next Brocante in Caussade where I find the 'one that got away'-- juicy little red paper boxes with rolls of film in them all about different topics of education:  la ferme, la lait producuit, la cinema.  I saw them, I walked away, someone else saw them and got them!  That's the way it's done.  The way the cookie crumbles. 

I'm soothed by nighttime where a spectacular table is laid out in front of the Chateau and we eat, drink and get merry until all hours of the night.  The night ends with fireworks and some of us have to pinch ourselves to know we're really there...

2 comments:

McGillicutty said...

this looks so perfect, what a wonderful day!!! and i love oompah bands. :)

Dominique said...

Your oompa-pah-pah band is the same color as the horde of buttons I picked up at the vide-grenier.