Sunday, February 22, 2009

three down, four to go

The 7-piece 'to sleep, to dream' series I'm working on is coming along. I've only shot a couple things from the studio, but have got another one made and another in the works. I notice this color theme of dirty pinks, sage green, and browns keep coming through.








I'm working on a new logo for 8mm ideas and wondering if I should do it in color. But then I don't want to be "stuck" with a specific color and in a years time, fall madly in love with some other colors. Sounds like I'm completely fickle when it comes to color... when, in reality, all I have to do is look around (my studio, our apartment) and see that I've been in love with the same color palate for years! Almost everything in my life is a wildly broad shade of celadon. The chairs, the table legs, the kitchen wall, our bedspread, books on the shelf, napkins, plates, on and on. I can't escape it...

8 comments:

Maggie May said...

so much to look at! first of all, you are wonderful at what you do. magic. i adore this series you are creating. it is fantastic, truly. the ideas you have are moving. i love the grains around the frame. and the color palette is just right.

i also love your collection of bowls etc. beautifully put together, on the white.

Christine--RHP said...

I am falling in love with this color too.....

lotta said...

These pieces are lovely! I love the layers, and how the words peak out from underneath the tissue or the card stock. and the fabric... or is it ribbon.. I adore how it's incorporated in that last piece. thank you for sharing.

Christina said...

molly - i LOVE these pieces! especially the mossey nesty one. oh my goodness. i think you need to have another show soon! xo

Ellen Zachos said...

So I guess the chances of me snagging any of your art pottery is about nil? I've actually left you mine in my will. No joke.

thetiniestspark said...

COME DECORATE MAH APARTMENT FOR MAH

thetiniestspark said...

ps i pay in cupcakes

thetiniestspark said...

ok, just came across this photo and it totes reminds me of your mad colorifically awesome decor8ing skillz:

http://www.20x200.com/art/2009/01/nymphenburg.html

!!

also hi : )