Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Back In The Classroom: New England style

 

The utter joy i feel at being in the classroom is really unparalleled.  I knew I missed it for a reason!  

It's being adjacent to growth, being part of a world bigger than myself, making a difference.  And that is what i'm now doing - making a difference.  I see it every time a pair of little eyes looks up at me, or some little voice asks, "can i tell you somefing? miss molly, can i tell you somefing?"  Yes! Yes! I say, YES!

The other teachers tell me I have "alot of energy".  One of them told me she texted the teacher I was subbing for and wrote, "this woman, have you seen her? the level of energy is out of this world!"  I tried to play it off like it was nothing, 'I don't do the same amount of work you guys do' i sheepishly replied, 'i don't have to do what you all have to do', i responded, downplaying my strength, the thing i'm excellent at.  Because, having one been a full-time teacher, and having left that full time teaching job, I know.  I know teaching wears you down.  I know the exhaustion of meetings and paperwork and extremely low pay can eventually get to you.  I know that and I have none of that to deal with, really.  I get to arrive at 7:30 and leave at 2:30 with no homework to grade or parents to call or lessons to plan.  I have it easier.  All I have to do is INSPIRE.

No comments: