Thursday, December 2, 2010

stand where?

I used to be in the performing world.
Sometimes I think it's actually really strange that I'm not anymore.  That I don't have rehearsals, that I'm not writing material, that I'm not practicing bits with my good friend C.
That's how into it I was.
I've been jumping on stage since I was about 5 years old,  so it's surprising to me when a friend of mine doesn't know this about me.  But I haven't really touched a stage, other than acting out kids plays, since moving to SF six years ago.  I don't bring it up, of course, regale my new friends with tales from the past.  It's like telling them I have two legs.  Isn't it obvious?

I've thought about it time and time again.  When, not if, I do get back into acting again:  is it a one-woman show? is it stand-up? is it someone else's show?  I'm just not sure.

In the meantime, I keep myself highly entertained with the musings of others...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just do it! You were so good, and still are. Don't wait too long, like I did, the insecurity sets in. Plunge in! OX, Hol